Eastham Dog Laws (Unofficial Recap)
- Dogs must be on a leash or under the handlers direct control
- Pick up the poop
- Dogs may be on bay beaches except between June 15 and Labor Day
- Dog Beach at Dyer Prince Rd near Rock Harbor, Eastham is open to dogs even in the summer before 9 am and after 4 pm ON LEASH ONLY.
- Dogs are allowed on National Seashore beaches away from bathing areas and bird nesting sites, on leash only
- No excessive barking (15 min.) dogs or handlers
TOWN OF EASTHAM
2500 State Highway, Eastham, MA 02642-2544
Al departments 508 240-5900 Fax 508 240-1291
Official DOG BY-LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Violations and Penalties
Any person who violates any provision of these bylaws and regulations shall be subject to the following penalties, in addition to any other available penalty or remedy at law or in equity:
- First offense: $50
- Second: $200.00
- Third and subsequent offenses: $300
Regulation – Dyer Prince Road/Rock Harbor Area
On March, 2010 the Board of Selectmen upheld the following regulation:
- Dogs will be allowed in the Dyer Prince RoadJRock Harbor Area only before 9:00 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m. between June 15th and Labor Day.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times and all dog waste must be removed by the owner.
- Automobiles using this area must have valid Town of Eastham stickers.
Dogs on Public Beaches Bv-Law
It shall be illegal to have a dog, except a Seeing Eye dog, a hearing ear dog or a service dog, on any public bathing beach within the Town of Eastham from June 15 through Labor Day.
Adopted May 3,1982 ATM Art. 7
Leashing, Restraining: and Waste Removal
- Any person owning, keeping, or being responsible for a dog shall not allow nor permit said dog to run at large on any of the streets or public places in the Town of Eastham or upon any private property, unless the owner or lawful occupant of such property grants permission.
- No dog shall be allowed or permitted in any public place or street within the Town unless it is effectively restrain and controlled by a chain or other form or leash sufficient to hold the dog, or unless it is under the immediate and effective voice control of a handler, or unless it is within and confined to a motor vehicle.
- All dog owners, keepers or persons having control of a dog are responsible for immediately removing and disposing of, in a sanitary manner, all solid wastes produced by said dog on any property, other than the property of the dog owner.
Adopted May 1,2006 ATM Art. 334